We Are Hiring...
Wesley Memorial United Methodist Church is looking for one childcare provider to care for children 0-6 every Sunday morning from 10:45am-12:15pm. Attendance typically ranges from 1 to 10 children, depending on the week. The childcare provider will work alongside at least one volunteer from the congregation every week.
About Wesley Memorial:
Wesley Memorial was planted across the street from the University of Virginia in the 1950s, and we partner with the Wesley Foundation next door to reach out to the University community. We have a long history of activism in Charlottesville, and remain committed to justice. Wesley is a member of the Reconciling Ministries Network, a Methodist organization that seeks justice for people of all sexual orientations and gender identities. Wesley became a sanctuary church in 2018, and rejoices that that person can now live safely and freely in the community. We seek to provide a spiritual foundation for children growing up in our church, built of the progressive Christian values of unconditional love and inclusion.
Nature of Position & Accountability
• This position is part time, and will pay $60/Sunday. Payment will be remitted twice per month on the 15th and last day of each month.
• The Childcare Provider must be familiar with and follow the Ministry Supervision Guidelines found in the United Methodist Church’s Safe Sanctuaries rules.
• The Childcare Provider’s direct supervisor is the Director of Christian Discipleship.
• Provide a safe, stimulating environment for children to learn and play.
• Guide children through activities and lessons provided by the Director of Discipleship or Sunday School volunteers, when provided.
• Maintain a record of child check-in and check-out, as well as a log of guardians’ phone numbers, and a log of signed permissions (permission to be changed, to go outside the playground, etc).
• Contact guardians by text if a child needs to be changed or another problem arises.
Qualifications and Characteristics
• Acceptance and love for people regardless of age, race, marital status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
• Experience caring for children from infants to six years of age.
• At least 18 years of age.
• Willing to undergo a criminal background check.
• Trained in Child and Baby CPR
Please send an email to email@example.com stating your interest and background.